SQL Data Updater Instructions
If you have been sent to this page from your AccuSQL 2014 software, then you will need to run the SQLDataUpdater.exe file against your database. SQL Data Updater adds new tables, fields, and/or triggers to the database so it will run properly with the latest version of the software. In order to run the SQL Data Updater, you are required to use SQL Server system administrator (sa) credentials for the database you are updating. If you do not have sa access to the SQL Server database, please send a link to this Web page to the proper person in your organization that does have those permissions.
Note: The SQLDataUpdater.exe program only needs to be run once against the database. Also, please skip to Step 5 if you have already downloaded and run the AccuSQL1302patch.zip file.
Here are the steps that need to be performed to run the SQLDataUpdater.exe file:
- Download the SQL Data Updater zip file here. Save it to a location where you can easily find it.
- After you have downloaded, right click on the zip file and make sure it is Unblocked before unzipping.
- After you unzip the file, you will see a file called SQLDataUpdater.exe. Copy that file.
- Now go to the folder where AccuSQL 2014 is is installed. The default path is C:\Program Files(x86)\AccuSQL2014 for 64-bit operating systems and C:\Program Files\AccuSQL2014 for 32-bit systems. Copy and replace the existing SQLDataUpdater.exe file with the new one you copied in Step 3.
- Run the SQLDataUpdater.exe from the path where AccuSQL 2014 is installed. You will need to put in the SQL server connection info, which includes the path to the SQL Server instance, the Authentication mode, and the "sa" username and password. You can leave the Owner field blank. After that, click the Database drop-down box and wait for the database list to populate and select the database you want to update. If the database list does not populate or you get a connection error, recheck your SQL Server connection parameters.
- Once you have the database selected you want to update from Step 5, click the Update button. After a few seconds you should get a message indicating the update completed. If you get any other message, again verify the connection information and make certain that the username and password you enter are indeed assigned sa access.
- Once the update is complete, you can now click the X button in the top-right portion of the Data Update program to close.
- Congratulations, you have successfully updated the database.