AccuSQL System and Hardware Minimum Requirements
Despite its power, AccuSQL only has minimal hardware requirements. Almost any computer running a Microsoft Operating Systems from Windows XP or later can run AccuTrack/AccuSQL. For optimum performance, we recommend at least the following:
- Computer: A PC with a Pentium class processor.
- Peripherals: A keyboard and a Mouse or pointing device
- Memory: 128 MB RAM (1 GB or higher recommended)
- Hard disk space: At least 200 MB of free hard drive space.
- Video: A 1024 x 768 resolution with high color 16-bit is recommended.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP or later
(This includes Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10)
- A Printer helps print out reports. You can use a local or network printer.
- A CD-ROM drive or USB Port for installing the software. You can also copy the installation CD or flash drive on a network drive and install the software from this drive.
- Microsoft Excel software is needed for charting and some sophisticated administrative reports.
- A Network Interface Card & internet connection to access the data remotely.
- An ID reader is recommended to provide support for quick sign-ins. We have available ID card readers that were tested and found to work well with the software.
- Processor: A Pentium III–compatible processor or higher. A CPU socket with four cores.
- Processor speed: A 500 MHz or faster processor.
- Memory: At least 512 MB to 1.5 GB of RAM.
- Hard disk Space: At least 42 MB of hard disk space, but up to approximately 735MB of hard disk space is recommended.
Note: These are just the minimum requirements and the truth is, the faster the computer, the more memory allocated, etc. then the better it is for the speed and reliability of the software.
To run AccuSQL, you will need a license for Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 (express/standard/enterprise). Then you will need a DBA (Database Administrator) to set up the SQL Server instance as outline in Microsoft's guides:
The AccuSQL database is transferred (with help from AccuTrack Support) and hosted on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or later onsite at your organization. Some additional recommended tasks for the DBA would be:
Computer Lab Plug-in
If you plan to use the Computer Lab Plug-in software with AccuSQL, your network needs to support the extra connections needed for the Plug-in. For example, if you have a computer lab with 25 computers and you run the Plug-in on each computer, and you have 5 administration stations, your network needs to support 30 simultaneous connections to the database. Since Windows 2000 Pro and XP Pro only support up to 10 simultaneous connections to the database, you will need an operating system like Windows 2000 Server, XP Server, 2003 Server, etc. to host the database.
Web Gateway MVC
Web Gateway MVC, the module to add Web-based appointment scheduling and seminar registrations, requires:
- A Windows operating system running Internet Information Services version 7 (IIS7) or later. IIS 7 has been supported by Microsoft since Windows 7. Any PC that is capable of running Windows 7 can be a host, however, it is what is needed as a minimum. Our recommendation would be any PC that can run windows server 2008 R2 and later.
- The MS SQL Server database can be on the same server as the one running IIS 7 and Web Gateway or the database can be hosted on a different server. If SQL Server is on the same server then you would want a more powerful server probably 16 cores CPU and 64 GB RAM would be good.
If you have a Mac lab, we recommend you acquire a PC for running AccuSQL. Another option is to use Accudemia, our cloud-based software that runs on your web browser.